Saturday, March 6, 2010

one is the loneliest number

Okay, it's not that bad :) But it has been a rough day. My face is puffy and my eyes are achy from crying all day and I'm exhausted. I'm not looking forward to talking to Andrew in the morning before he hands his cell phone off to the wardens, because I think I might just be right back where I was at 12:30 this afternoon. But we keep on keepin' on, knowing that this is good. For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

I talked to Andrew a few minutes ago. He had just checked in at the hotel and was getting settled, trying to find somewhere to eat and getting ready to touch base with some family he didn't get to connect with before he left. He sounded good - a little tired - but good. He told me at dinner last night that he feels the same way he did before he left for college: really excited, really scared and with no idea of what to expect. Sounds about right.

There are all kinds of resources on the internet to give these guys an idea of what to expect, and his OCS Survival Guide gives a breakdown of what each day of the first week will be like. Then it outlines the following weeks until graduation. I thought that might be a good thing to share with you all so you know how you can be praying for him throughout his time there.

Thanks so much for the encouraging words/prayers/thoughts/well wishes (and songs!) today. I am certain that we couldn't be moving forward with the confidence we have if it wasn't for you guys.

Ready or not, here we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...