Tuesday, March 16, 2010

how to plan when you don't have a plan

All I want to do right now is plan for graduation and life post-OCS. I want to find a place to live in Charleston. I want to buy a plane ticket to Rhode Island. I want to buy furniture for our future guest bedroom. I want to pick out a dress to wear to the Hi Moms Dinner, which is a fancy event the night before graduation. But unfortunately, I have nothing to base my decisions on. And every good planner knows that a plan is nothing without a foundation. So I'm improvising and planning to plan.

Let me explain.

I want to buy a plane ticket = start researching prices
I want to find a place to live = make a list of rental sites in Charleston
I want to start packing = have a yard sale/take stuff to Goodwill

Pick up what I'm puttin' down? Call me crazy, but I've got to do something to keep me busy. I'm going to start by purging and trying to limit the amount of stuff we have. Having a lot means moving a lot. One really big project on my list is to scan all of the paperwork we have filed away onto the computer, dump it onto an external hard drive and GET RID OF ALL THIS PAPER. It's driving me nuts. Fair enough?

Also, I'm definitely going to start shopping for a graduation outfit. Those things take time!

And I just decided that I'm making a trip to the craft store this weekend. Time to rustle up some creativity. Project list:
  • Finish napkins for Spring table setting
  • Make a journal
  • Make a beach bag
  • Buy fabric that I fall in love with and find something to do with it. I know that's against the rules, but I can't help it.
Also, I'm about to start searching for a new hair-do. So, stay tuned for that.

And in other news, word on the street is that the boys earned mail privileges this week so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a gift from the mailman this week.

Was that all over the place and crazy enough for you? Good. My work here is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...