Sunday, May 2, 2010

oh sunday

I wish you could see what I see right now. I spent the afternoon, after my morning email date with Andrew, cleaning the house. There are now two stacks of books/magazines on my coffee table. One includes the Donald Miller book I was telling you about and two Jodi Picoult books. The other includes a Southern Living magazine and two Charleston cookbooks. And beside the coffee table is the sweetest dog ever, munching on his newest Trader Joe's treat. In fact, he just tossed it far enough away that he has to get up to get it, so he's whining at it. When I said sweetest, I think I meant laziest.

This is my Sunday. This was my Sunday when the boy was here, so I think this is why Sundays have gotten the reputation of being the hardest day of the week for me. But today, a breakthrough: I haven't cried at all.

That's big news. I usually go the whole week, without crying and then catch up on Sunday. Not this week. I did a little bit of almost-crying at Chad's wedding last night, but that's only because he made me. Chad is the dear friend of ours who officiated our ceremony and played a gigantic role in counseling us while we were dating/engaged.

When I went to speak to him, he was asking about Andrew and he grabbed my hand and said, "You miss him, don't you?" That was the only excuse I needed to get all teary.

Anyway, the wedding was perfect in more ways than one, but I digress. Today has been good! I think it's because, if I squint, I can see the light at the end of the stupid tunnel. Wednesday, Andrew will be a Candio and he'll get his cellphone back. As if I wasn't already psychotic about having my cellphone nearby, the chance of a random text message will surely increase the crazy factor by a good amount.

My plan for the rest of the evening is to sit here, with the sunshine coming in and my Vanilla Lime candle burning, reading some very good books and maybe even watching a movie. And I might - watch out - cook a real dinner.

Happy Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...