Monday, May 17, 2010

a chili kind of day

It has rained and rained and rained and rained and rained.

I know we need it. But it turns our back yard into a duck pond that Rudy likes to frolic in and then carry back into our house. The house that I have to keep clean for the realtor who is showing it to potential renters. But I'm not complaining, because we need it.

We are NINE DAYS away from Newport, people. Nine days. 11 days from graduation. I asked Andrew what he wanted to do after the ceremony and he said he wanted to take a nap. Fair enough. In the last week, he's fallen asleep mid-sentence, mid-text and mid-march. Yes, mid-march. He was marching to work off the last of his demerits and he fell asleep. Then, he dreamt that he was reaching out for something and when he woke up, he had his hand in the face of the guy leading the marches. He said he almost poked him in the eye. If that's not sleep deprivation, I don't know what is. If the boy wants a nap, he'll get a nap.

As I've written this, I decided that I want my chili to be taco soup. That's not too hard, right? Just switch up the seasonings a bit and use tortilla chips instead of crackers? Sounds good to me.

Also, I think this is the first time I've cooked something that wasn't frozen in at least a month. I better brush up before Andrew gets back or he's going to be super disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...