Tuesday, May 11, 2010

craft room on-the-go

I'm not sure what inspired me, but I think it might have had something to do with my preppy new Navy wife friend and her awesome find. When other people craft/organize/do things I like, I want to do them, too. Immediately.

I set out on Sunday afternoon to find the essentials for a craft room in transit. Not because I'll be a traveling crafter, but because I'll be a mover who doesn't like to hammer nails in rented spaces.

The task: find ways to organize, set up and use the craft room that don't require installation or a state of permanence.

The Ingredients?

An inexpensive crate from Michaels, turned on its side so that the yarn threaded through the handle slots will hold the ribbon collection.

A vinyl wall hanging (en route from Amazon.com) to inspire perseverance: Nothing worth having was ever achieved without effort.

Cute containers from the clearance aisle. You see an impractical tea pot? Why, I see a scissor-holder.

I stole this from the aforementioned Make It- Love It blog. Dry erase markers write on glass just as well as they do on a dry erase board, so if you "frame" a piece of fabric, you get the same effect. But classier.

Lots and lots of potential. Stacked in a milk crate.

More potential, waiting for its owner to sew some sort of contraption with pockets so it will have a home.


I don't know where we're going to live when we get to Charleston, but it MUST have some place to put all of this. Otherwise, the effort would be all for naught. And we certainly can't have that...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...