Sunday, May 9, 2010

my mom is better than your mom

I really can't believe how blessed I am to have this lady as my mother. What a wonderful one she has been. In honor of mothers day (and my obsession with lists) here are some reasons why I love her:
  • She's the most selfless person I know. She would, hands down, rather do something for someone else rather than herself.
  • She's beautiful. Ever since I was a little girl, I can remember loving to watch her eyes when she smiled.
  • She has my sense of humor. When we're together, we just laugh and laugh and laugh. One of my favorite memories is of the Christmas break before Andrew and I got married. She and I were busy rearranging things to accommodate my move and all the gifts we'd been getting. Something set us off and we sat in the hallway for several minutes, paralyzed with laughter. Nothing's better, my friends.
  • She doesn't judge. You can tell this woman anything and she'll listen with open ears, not once making you feel exposed.
  • She loves HARD. Friends. Family. God. If she loves it, she's all in. If there's one thing she's taught me, it's that life isn't worth living any other way.
Happy Mothers Day, Mom. I'm glad you're mine.

1 friends said...:

  1. This was so sweet. I just read it today. What an adorable photo. Just think...that was her at YOUR age, with you as a baby. You are getting ready to be a mom yourself...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...