Friday, May 14, 2010

oh, hey friday

I love Fridays, but I especially love Fridays when that extra Friday-ish mood strikes, making it that much more enjoyable.

I was able to skip out of work early today, since all my clients were at an off-site and my boss was golfing. The realtor was showing our house (it's back up for rent) and Rudy was at camp (please don't judge me) so I decided to enjoy the afternoon solo. As an aside, can I just tell you how mom-like I felt debating whether or not to pick Rudy up early? This was the conversation in my head:
I could pick him up early, but he would really enjoy having the afternoon there. Besides, I really would enjoy the time to myself (like I don't have time to myself 80% of the day) and the longer he plays, the earlier he'll fall asleep tonight.
All you real moms out there, don't get your panties in a twist. I know that my ridiculous dog is nothing like a human child. But I still get tired of him like you do your own kids :)

So, as I was saying...I had the afternoon to myself. I left work just in time to get to Starbucks as they began their half-off frappuccino happy hour. Grande Carmel Frappuccino, coming right up. And what was beside the Starbucks, you ask? Oh, just a Hancock Fabric. How is it that I can come up with 327 projects just by wandering around there for an hour? I don't know, but I love it.

5pm rolled around, so I picked up the littlest Castrodale and headed home. Root beer float for dinner? Check. And week 2 of my photography class is all about shutter speed and aperture and ISO, all of which I still don't understand, so I practiced shooting the same potted plant 500 times to try and get the hang of it. We're getting there.

Now, I wait for the boy to call. I only have one more Friday night without him. I'm not sure how that happened so fast, but I'm glad it did. Come onnnnn, 12 more days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...