Sunday, April 25, 2010

a weekend at home

When Andrew was here, we would often go through spurts of lots of weekend travel. By the fourth or fifth week, we were anxious for some downtime at home. It appears that this habit continues (even when he's not around) and while I'm desperate for distractions, I still need some time at my very own house in my very own bed.

Thankfully, that came this weekend, complete with gloomy rain. That's the best kind.

I spent my Friday evening cleaning (don't judge me, it's not as sad and pathetic as it sounds) and then I picked up a burger from Chili's and watched Julie & Julia. It's not the first time I've seen that movie, nor is it the first time that it's made me look into culinary school.

On Saturday, I had a shopping date with Laura (the sister-in-law) to find a dress for Hi Moms. It was a success, since we found a dress on clearance and a lot of other things that I would consider really good finds. I'm not going to show you a picture of the dress, because it looks funny on the model and you might pre-judge it before you see it on me. Just know that it's from White House Black Market and is very adorable.

Saturday night included dinner with my family in Youngsville, to celebrate Tyler's birthday. It's something I'm always eager to enjoy, but having them around for the last several weeks has made me especially grateful. And there was steak, which always makes things better.

That brings me to today, Sunday. I've been on an email date with the boy this morning. I'm currently still in my pajamas, watching the Food Network. If I got in the shower, I might miss prime Andrew time, so I'm waiting for him to depart for lunch before I go doing anything crazy like that.

Later, I might go searching for some shoes to complete my outfit and I think I'd like to do some sewing.

I am in love with weekends like these.

1 friends said...:

  1. :) Lucky to have your family close and a sister-in-law the same age.

    It's only like 4 or 5 more weeks, right?!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...