I made the 45-minute trek today IN THE SNOW to the closest store and stocked up on enough goodies to last several months. I swear, I get in there and I just go insane. It's like a drug that I can't (and don't want to) quit.
So please do allow me to share with you some of my favorite things to get at Trader Joe's. You're welcome.
- Coffee. Their organic fair trade breakfast blend is my favorite. I'm not a crazy person about buying organic, but I do try to avoid the "dirty dozen" and coffee's on that list. This is the cheapest I've found AND it's tasty. Win!
- Dried fruit and nuts. I'm always adding nuts and dried fruit to our salads and we like to throw them in baked oatmeal, too. This is another usually-expensive-but-not-at-TJs item on my list.
- Maple Pecan Granola. Best cereal ever. The end.
- Nutty Chocolate Granola Bars. I usually buy 7-10 boxes of these and I'm not kidding. Andrew stashes them at work for those days that he misses lunch and I keep them in the pantry to throw in my purse when we're running out the door to church or a doctor's appointment.
- CHEESE! They have an insane selection of cheese and they have really unique kinds, which I like to snag for parties or dinners. This time of year they have their cranberry chevre. Perfect for Thanksgiving.
- Frozen mandarin orange chicken. Cook it up with some broccoli and rice and it's a super easy/fast dinner.
- Frozen roasted corn. I always like to have several bags of these in my freezer because they're a nice addition to all kinds of soups and chilis. We had it in our tortilla soup this week and somehow the flavor is just better than regular corn.
- Flowers. They have the prettiest flowers and I always have to pick out a bunch to bring home. Today, I grabbed the hydrangeas because they remind me of Charleston and it was my way of rebelling against this nor'easter. I'm feisty like that.