Friday, November 2, 2012

giving thanks | day 2

Every year, I see people on blogs and on Facebook listing something that they're thankful for every day for the month of November. I like the challenge of blogging every day, but I also like the idea of remembering to give thanks. So let's do this, shall we?

And as for Day 1, let's just say I'm thankful for little boys in dinosaur costumes.

*****

Today, I'm thankful that my little family is back together again.

Andrew was delayed coming back because of the storm, so to know that we're all here and safe and dry is an especially sweet feeling.

And! Miracle of all miracles, he doesn't have duty on Saturday OR Sunday! Besides the weekend of Jack's party, which he actually had to use leave for, I can't remember the last time that he's been in Connecticut and been home all weekend. I'm not even kidding. We have a little lunch date planned, but the rest of our time will be spent doing lots of family-y things. Probably in the form of lazy mornings, PJs into the afternoon and walks to the park.

What are you thankful for? Let me know if you're doing something similar because I'd love to read along!

1 friends said...:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...