1. It's the weekend! Two of my favorite things about the weekend: I don't have to make my own coffee and I don't have to change any diapers. It's the little things, right?
2. Jack turned four months old yesterday. Pictures and updates coming soon. But to celebrate, he started trying to roll over. Hold me.
3. We went on a date! Wednesday night, some friends of ours who are in town for Navy stuff offered to watch Jack. What a treat that was. We went to a fancy restaurant and took our time and talked about things other than a certain baby. The food was awesome - lobster bisque, clam chowder, scallops, sea bass, tiramisu. And there was wine. Mama loves wine.
4. Sirius radio made our date a little extra special. When we got in the car, the song that was playing was the song we danced to at our wedding. Perfect.
5. Can I please have some caffeine in an IV drip? The sleep strike has continued and it's not fun anymore. I feel like he's actually waking up more frequently than he was a week ago. At 2:30 this morning, before I fell asleep feeding him, I was simultaneously praying for the Lord to end it soon and telling myself that this, too, shall pass. Thistooshallpass, thistooshallpass.
6. Marvelous Prints is making a comeback! Now that I've learned how to use Photoshop, I feel like I can really expand the shop and I'm SO excited about it. Now I just need to get all my stuff out of storage so I can put all this creativity to good use.
7. Our boy loves his daddy. When Andrew gets home from work, Jack's little face lights up as soon as he hears his voice. MELT. And if he's nursing when he hears his voice? Forget about it. It'll be awhile before he's ready to get back to dinner.
8. We're thinking of installing butcher block countertops in our new house. Any experience with that? We've heard a lot of different opinions on butcher block, so we're still researching. Pros/cons? Please share.
9. Speaking of our house... Our coffee table is overrun with design and decorating books and magazines. I LOVE IT. I can't wake to get my hands on that house!
10. Baby snuggles are the best. Sometimes I bring Jack to bed with me after Andrew leaves for work to buy another hour or two of sleep. That little bug, he's good at the snuggles. Couldn't you just eat him?
Happy weekend, friends!