Friday, February 3, 2012

ten random things (v3)


1. I hereby declare this month HOUSE MONTH. Our fingers are crossed, our toes are crossed and our prayers are going up - all in hopes that we can close on our eyes by the end of the month. We're going through the VA for our loan and apparently, they take their sweet time. But I'm confident! It can happen! 

2. Hi, my name is Page and I have a notebook problem. Some girls buy shoes, I buy notebooks. I'd show you a picture of the stack I have beside me right now, but it's quite embarrassing. There's a planner, a house-related notebook, an Etsy-related notebook, a journal I've been keeping for Jack, a notebook for my Bible study, a notebook for jotting little stories down for when Andrew's away and a miscellaneous notebook. You know, in case I have something to write down that doesn't fit in any of the other 27 notebooks.

3. Hi, my name is Page and I have an HGTV problem. I'm pretty sure I've seen every episode of every show that HGTV has ever created. Ever. I blame it on buying a house and having cabin fever all at the same time. Related: did you know that Chris Harrison, host of the Bachelor, also hosted an HGTV show circa 1998?

4. Three cheers for an awesome husband! The other night, Andrew called to tell me he was on his way home while I was digging through the pantry trying to find ANYTHING that had chocolate on it. Twenty minutes later, he came in the door bearing gifts in the form of two bags of Snickers Minis. And a bag of chocolate chips. He said the only condition was that I made him chocolate chip cookies. Like that's a sacrifice or something. And don't worry about how many candy bars I've consumed since then, it's really not that important. Move along now, there's nothing to see here.

5. HOMESICK. I've been homesick for two things: my family and Charleston. Thankfully, I think March and April will be the months that family comes to visit. As for Charleston, I just know you people are down there enjoying your 65* weather and your sunshine and your grits. Ugh.

6. I'm ready to move. My body, that is. I've never been a motivated girl when it comes to working out, but lately I've wanted nothing more than to turn on some really fun music and run in place. And if you know me, you know that's a really big deal. Huge. Maybe it's because I'M SO COOPED UP. I'm working on a playlist now and hopefully I can start going to the gym when Andrew gets home from work, even if it's just a few times a week. Any song suggestions?

7. I'm thinking of joining a book club at the local library. I told Andrew that and he started laughing. He says to me, "Do you really think you'll make friends there?" Like it's just a bunch of spinsters with big glasses and homemade dresses. Book clubs are cool, Andrew. You'll see.

8. Someone find me a fancy dress. The Submarine Birthday Ball is in April and it's kind of a big deal. Which means I need a dress. Tell me where to shop! Ready, go!

9. I bought some red pants. Who am I? I think I'm having an identity crisis. But I'm determined to make them work because they are CUTE. Embarrassingly enough, I'm thinking of posting outfits on the ol' blog. I'm feeling a little frumpy and momish these days, so in an effort to do more with my wardrobe and boost my confidence, maybe I'll share pics? No one else sees my cute little ensembles except Jack and he only cares about what's underneath, if you know what I mean. And by the time Andrew gets home, I'm in my PJs on account of all the drool and spit-up. So there's that.

10. This weekend, I would like to eat some pizza. No further explanation needed.

Have a great weekend, y'all!

2 friends said...:

  1. I share your notebook obsession!! Except it's journals. I believe I have two for Anna alone. Why? I don't know, they were both cute and went with her room theme so I wrote in both. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have SO many journals, too! Good to know I'm not the only one with the disease :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...