Friday, February 10, 2012

ten random things (household goods edition)



I dedicate this Friday's 10 Little Things to all of my things that are in storage. The things I miss the most?

1. Jack's nursery glider. It's the most comfortable chair and the best place to nurse before bed and first thing in the morning. I had our little blanket and we'd snuggle up and listen to some music. I miss that. And lately, given all the midnight shenanigans going on over here, I've really been missing that chair. Sitting Indian style crisscross applesauce on a twin-size bed is just not the same.

2. My kitchen. All of it. My stainless steel pots and pans. My wooden cooking utensils. The Kitchenaid mixer that Andrew got me for Christmas that I never even took out of the box. My cloth napkins. All of it!

3. The rest of my clothes and shoes. I just brought the essentials, which was still smart because we don't have a ton of space here, but I'm ready to put some variety back in my wardrobe.

4. My jewelry organizer. A few years ago, I covered a bulletin board with fabric and put little hooks on it to hold my earrings and necklaces. I never realized how much I appreciated that thing until all my jewelry got relegated to a pile on the dresser.

5. My furniture. It's great furniture, really. Comfortable. Clean. I miss it.

6. My electric toothbrush heads. It's time to replace the head on mine and of course, I forgot to sit those out before the packers came. See also: batteries.

7. Our DVDs and Xbox (for Netflix). We talked about whether or not to sit that stuff out, but decided against it. I regret that decision. I could really be enjoying some chick flicks or random TV shows right now. And don't even get me started on the fact that this is perfect Pride and Prejudice weather.

8. My cookbooks and recipe box. I guess that could be filed under "kitchen" but I think it deserves a category of its own. I miss all of my favorite dishes that I've been craving, but can't remember the recipe. Boo.

9. Our pictures and artwork. I've stared at pastel beach prints from the 80s and the wooden plaque that spells OCEAN long enough.

10. My washer and dryer. Three cheers for energy efficiency!

Hopefully, we'll be in our house in about three weeks. I'm trying not to count the days because I know that won't make the time pass any faster, but it sure is hard when I know there are only 19ish days in between me and a fresh toothbrush.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...