Tuesday, October 4, 2011

sashes to the merchants

sashes

Let me tell y'all something good.

A long, long, long time ago, I clicked over to a friend of a friend of a friend's blog and found Jessi. I was immediately encouraged by her raw honesty about being a wife and mother who loves Jesus with an intensity that I haven't seen in many other people. Since then, she's been one of those internet friends that makes me want to settle in with a cup of coffee to see what she's sharing each morning.

Recently, she opened a shop full of these beautiful, scripture prints that I want to put in every room of my house. So far, I have one in the kitchen and two more in Jack's room. I just love them. And I love her heart behind that shop.

Then, one day when I was struggling with some some of those "am I being purposeful enough?" questions, she posted this about the Proverbs 31 woman and how her work should be done well and with a great amount of faith and trust - no matter what that "work" is. At least that's what it meant to me. And then she talked about how that woman in Proverbs made stuff, sashes, to sell to the merchants.

Fast forward to now. Jessi and a friend have started this amazing place for women - believing, creative women - to learn from each other. To lift each other up, to be a community for each other, to inspire each other as they bring their sashes to the merchants. All of these incredible women who make beautiful things can come together and talk about what that's like. Sounds pretty amazing to me.

All of that to say this: they're officially launching that community today. And I think you should definitely, absolutely check it out. You will find a lot of great women, a lot of beautiful, handmade things, and a lot of encouragement.

And I think you'll love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...