Saturday, October 15, 2011

dear jack: where are you?

Sweet boy,

We're all just beside ourselves with excitement. When will you make your debut? You've been faking me out with contractions all week, but I'm starting to wonder if you really mean it. Carolina lost a football game against Miami today and your daddy said that there's no way you can be born on a day when that happened. I told him to watch it, you can be born any time you want.

I feel a little bit like I'm giving birth to Simba, from the Lion King. All of your family - your grandparents and great grandparents and aunts and uncles and great aunts and great uncles and cousins - they're all anxiously waiting for you to get here. You are such a big deal to them, little boy. I can't believe how loved you are. Your Papa is even saving two little pumpkins from his garden to carve for you when he comes down to meet you. Like I said, we can't wait.

The last week has been the hardest of the pregnancy, by far. You've probably heard me cry a few tears, but I hope you know it has nothing to do with you. Actually, it has everything to do with you. I'm just so ready to meet you, that's all. I was thinking last night about all the mamas who have gone before me who have spent many a sleepless night praying for an end that seems to be nowhere in sight. That was me at 2:30 this morning. Then I remembered one of my favorite verses in Lamentations. Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.

That is a sweet promise, my love, and I can't wait for you to know it yourself.

I love you so much. See you soon.

Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...