Wednesday, October 12, 2011

on waiting

DSC_0546

Things I've said a lot lately:
  • "I'm going to have a baby soon!"
  • "I'm pretty sure that was a contraction."
  • "Can you believe there's going to be a BABY here soon?"
  • "Want to go for a walk?"
  • "I'm never having this baby. He's going to stay inside f-o-r-e-v-e-r."

And I haven't even gotten to my due date yet.

I think that because we so badly want our boy to be early or on time due to Andrew's schedule, the waiting part is especially agonizing. I feel like I'm in a constant state of anticipation, not to mention the fact that Andrew is still working hardcore and I'm alone all day. All day. The longest.days.of.my.life.

My grandmother sent me an email this morning, praying for me. She prayed that I experience joy and patience today as I rest in our sweet God. I read it on my phone before I even got out of bed and I think it set the mood for my day. I'm feeling a little less ohmygoshwhenisthisbabycoming and a little more...patient.

Also, I can't get this song out of my head:


-------------------------------
PS: I debated writing another pregnancy/baby-related post because I've been all "I'm having a baby soon, y'all! I can't wait! Hurry up! Woo hoo!" for the last few weeks. But then I thought, meh. It's my blog and I do what I want. Amen.

4 friends said...:

  1. Keep blogging away...any long lapse in entries and I'll think you're in labor...of course, you could always blog through labor and keep us all up to date... ;o)

    And believe it or not, once he's here your entire pregnancy will feel like it lasted about 5 seconds and nothing will matter except "right now" (other than maybe whenever it is that you think you might possibly get to close your eyes for more than 7 minutes at a stretch...maybe...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's right! Blog away! :) He will be here before you know it and then you will look back and think "wow! That went by fast!" Then you will have your days when you miss that anticipation. So document every thought, every feeling, everything! That way you can look back on here and remember as you are snuggling your little man in your arms. :)
    -Sarah
    (new reader by the way :))
    http://littlemiss-sunshinelife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I found your blog through "naptime diaries" and was so tickled to hear of another Charleston blogger and just wanted to say "hey"! :)
    Hope your little one makes his appearance soon! I know waiting can be so terribly time consuming. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...