Wednesday, July 14, 2010

here's to the birthday boy

I know I've said it a time or two - often on days when we're not even celebrating your birth - but I'm SO glad you were born. You're my BFF a hundred times over and I really can't remember my life before you walked into it. Knowing this life we have now, how was I happy before us? It's a mystery.

For kicks, I looked back at last year's birthday post. I still mean every one of those things, so that's good. I have a million more things on that list - and you know how much I love lists - so here are a few more that I would like to include this year:
  • You just went on a rant about all the things you checked off your list today. On your bday. You little worker bee, you.
  • You do things because they're right for us. I really don't think you've ever made a decision without thinking of how it will affect the two of us together.
  • You are stinking cute when you get all flustered about cool submarine things.
  • You like letting me decorate. At least you pretend like you're enjoying it.
  • You STILL tell me I'm pretty a bagillion times a day.
  • And you're still pretty darn handsome. Even if you did shave off your eyebrow.

So today, and every day, I hope you know that you are loved. By your family and my family and our friends and of course, your two favorites...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...