Friday, September 14, 2012

ten random things (v9)

There's much to say, so this seemed like the perfect opportunity to bring this little ditty back. Ready?

1. I'm prepping for another craft show. Except this one is much bigger (i.e. thousands of visitors) and requires a lot more investment on my part (i.e entry fee, tax permit fee, tent purchase, etc). I'm excited about it, obviously, but also a little overwhelmed at the amount of inventory I need to crank out between now and October 6. AND I'm hoping that it pays off. Thankfully, Andrew will be here that day and will be able to help run the booth/watch Jack. More details to come!

2. I've taken a break from cleaning this week. Aren't you proud? I swept once because Jack's little knees and palms were covered in dog hair and I have to draw the line somewhere. But I'm working on being a little more laid back and only tackling what's necessary (laundry) and what bothers me the most (dirty floors). That was a good tip from my friend Jenny - just deal with what bugs you and let the rest go!

3. Today is the last day to enter the Minted.com giveaway! $50. Do it. Enter here: http://itsmarvelous.blogspot.com/2012/09/a-giveaway-mintedcom.html

4. I've said it before, but I'll say it again: Jack loves his daddy. Almost every morning, he crawls out of his nursery and down the hall calling for "dada." It's sweet and heartbreaking at the same time. Those two are buddies, for sure.

5. We're making progress on the kitchen! If you can count contractor meetings and new appliances as progress, and I think you can. The refrigerator doesn't fit in the original spot (oopsie) but that's okay because we're reconfiguring the layout of the kitchen anyway. In the meantime, there's a fridge in the middle of my kitchen (oopsie) which is propelling the remodel along even more quickly than before.

6. Fall is legit in New England. This time last year, I'm pretty sure I was wearing shorts when I put up all my fall decorations. And I'm definitely sure that I broke a sweat. Something about 85 degree weather in SC just doesn't scream FALL IS HERE! But in Connecticut? It's been cool during the day and chilly at night. We're making soups and wearing sweatpants and covering up with blankets in the morning. Oh and also? The leaves are changing.

7. Food festivals are also legit in New England. I kind of stuck my nose up at the food culture up here because I was missing my local shrimp and grits and my sweet tea and my fried things. But these folks can throw down, too, just in a different way. Last weekend (oh PS: I have pictures to share from last weekend! Noted.) we went to two festivals within 3 hours - the Greek Food Festival and Taste of Mystic. We had gyros and baklava and fish tacos and crab and corn chowder and thai chicken and ice cream and OMG. It was so good. This weekend is the Garlic Festival which I'm super intrigued about.

8. There's some traveling in my future. I can't say when or where, for security reasons, but there's an excellent chance that I'll be meeting up with Andrew while he's on deployment next year. In a foreign land. It's going to be EPIC.

9. I'm starting to plan for a certain little boy's first birthday next month. We've got lots of family coming in to celebrate and I'm excited for that weekend to get here. And you know there's going to be a theme, obviously. More on that later :)

10. I'm making a quilt. For my boy. For his birthday. Wish me luck.

PS: There were going to be pictures with this post but someone (side eye, Jack) just cut his nap short.

Happy Weekend, Y'all! :)

1 friends said...:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...