Friday, May 27, 2011

a weekend in nc: one wedding and some skydiving

I've had pictures ready to share of last weekend's adventures for a few days, but all the baby stuff distracted me a bit. Who can blame me?

So. Last weekend, we headed back to NC where I got to be part of my sweet, sweet friend's wedding. Kristi Lee, known as KL, is one of the dearest friends that I have. I could go on and on about how much I love her, but you'll just have to take my word for it: she's great.

Seeing her get married would have been worth the trip alone, but an added bonus was seeing all of our besties from UNC. We're all scattered these days and between jobs, med school, law school, etc. we hardly see each other. Our table was like a great big class reunion with lots of catching up and lots of laughing.

DSC_0498

And they had a photo booth, which was a huge hit. Don't ask me what's going on with Andrew's eyebrows, because neither of us can explain...

Photo Booth pic from KL Wedding

Then, before we left town on Sunday, we got to see my dad do this:

243004_1727609706904_1138281251_31421805_3359378_o
I did not take this picture, but his personal photographer for the event did. Pretty cool, huh?

We all chipped in this past Christmas and got my dad a gift certificate to go skydiving, something he's talked about doing for years. I had no idea how much I would enjoy watching the whole process, but it was so.much.fun.

DSC_0007

So much fun, in fact, that I want to go myself. But only when I'm not with child. Of course.

DSC_0008

As my mom and I were walking up to my dad after he landed, I told her that he would probably want to jump again. And again and again and again. No more than three seconds later, we heard my dad: "I'm doing that again!"

DSC_0032

So priceless.

Weddings and skydiving. That's not how you spend your weekends?

1 friends said...:

  1. Love, love, love the photos of you and Andrew at the wedding. How adorable is that!

    We saw the pics of your dad on FB. OMG!! How much fun does he look like he is having!? LOL. Mike and I had a great time looking through all the pics and grinning ear to ear. Wish we could have been there to for the jump and the ensuing pig pickin'.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...