Wednesday, May 4, 2011

16 (and three-quarters) weeks!

The picture is up to date, but the post is not. Oh well.

Also? Holy dark circles, batman. Don't say you weren't warned. I work from home, my husband is gone and I only leave the house for errands and church. I just feel good about myself for showering.

photo

Now for the stats (all via babycenter.com):
  • The little one is about the size of an avocado, weighing in at about 3.5oz
  • Apparently, he'll double in size over the few weeks. I plan on using that as an excuse for not doing the dishes, just so you know. Growing a human is taxing.
  • His legs are much more developed and his head is more upright.
  • His eyes have moved closer to the front of his head and his ears are close to their final position, too. Yay for not looking like a fish!
  • The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet.
  • He's started growing toenails. Cute little baby toenails!
  • And his insides are kicking into gear as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day. Good job, little.

As for me? I still feel pretty good. The headaches come and go, but that's honestly my biggest complaint. I take advantage of opportunities to rest, so I don't feel terribly tired all the time. And in general, I just feel good. My clothes are starting to become more and more uncomfortable. I have one pair of jeans that still fit and I pretty much wear them every day. If it's not stretchy or flowy, I won't put it on. Good motto, eh?

I went shopping on Friday night to try and remedy the wardrobe issue and ended up with several great tops that aren't maternity, but can house my growing belly. They'll also be good for the post-baby bump and then I can just wear them because they're cute. Score. I must confess that I did get one pair of maternity denim capri pants from Target (on clearance!) and I'm obsessed with the stretchy band. I may or may not wear them forever, pregnant or not.

3 friends said...:

  1. I was gonna say, hey, I went shopping Friday too! But then I realized you said the post is not up to date...so I guess it was a different Friday that you were talking about. :P

    I'm just starting to move into maternity stuff too. I can still wear my regular jeans, but it's getting mostly uncomfortable. So I'm excited about the maternity jean shorts I got from Kohls the other day. They are much more comfortable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tip: Use a rubber band as a waist extender on your pants. Pass it through the button hole, and loop both ends over your button.

    Love you. Love that baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Page, you've grown!

    Mir, thanks for the tip. I may use that one!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...