There we are at 19 weeks! We were fresh off I-95 from a trip to NC, feeling like you do when you've been in the car for 5 hours. But the bump is cute, eh?
So what's new this week?
- The little one's brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that he/she may be able to hear my voice, so maybe I should start imparting wisdom now :)
- The tomato-sized bebe weighs about 8.5 oz and measures 6 inches, head to bottom
- The arms and legs are proportional to each other and the rest of the body (always a good sign)
- Hair is growing on that sweet little head (which I can't wait to sniff, by the way)
- I think this is cool: there's a waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on the skin to keep the baby from pickling. No pruny kiddos for us!
Things I love: milk, the maternity shorts I just got in the mail, bacon, air conditioning, hush puppies and the fact that about 40 hours from now, we'll know whether we've got a boy or a girl cooking in there.
Things I don't love: eggs (although I think the gag-reflex is fading), the 95 degree weather, Rudy's bad breath and the fact that I can't have a glass of red wine. Or two.
Also, I can feel the baby moving all throughout the day and I love it. He/she apparently likes to party it up around 10pm. If this is a sign of things to come, we're in trouble.