Wednesday, November 24, 2010

christmas

Christmas is here!

In the Castrodale house, at least. I must be honest: the Christmas music has been playing since Nov 1. I just love love love this time of year. And since we're leaving on Dec 17th for our Christmas travels, I wanted to make sure that we had plenty of time to enjoy the season. So Christmas exploded in our house last weekend :) Let's take a tour, shall we?

We got a BEAUTIFUL tree this year and if I'd been paying more attention when photographing it, I wouldn't have cut off the top. Anywhooo, here are some of my favorite ornaments:

Look how cute we are :)

When I was in middle school, my mom cleaned/redecorated my room one weekend as a surprise when I was out of town. This little angel was sitting in a mini rocking chair on my dresser. It's been in every room I've ever lived in ever since.

Oh, stop. He's too cute, right?

My sweetie gave this to me for our first Christmas.

This was last year's ornament from my mom. Winnie the Pooh (especially the Heffalumps and Woozles story) was my all time favorite bedtime book.

Let's continue...

Our stockings are hung....

...by the chimney with care.

Along with our little angel family. Complete with a Rudy Angel. My mom and I made these with styrofoam cups and paper towels when she was here in October.

Let's keep moving, folks. You might even see a precious, but slightly pathetic dog along the way...

There he is!

These snowflake lights flicker, so it looks like candlelight when they're on. Lovely. The little Santa head gave Rudy a fright when we first put it out, but he's come around to it.

This is the chorus of one of the most precious Christmas songs I've ever heard, I Celebrate the Day by Relient K.

Christmas over the sink. A little bit of happy while I do the dishes.

My sweet nativity. Mary is holding Jesus, which makes me cry if I think about it long enough.

There you have it, folks. The Castrodale Christmas Tour. And totally unrelated, but just too.stinkin.cute to pass up...

Tough life.

2 friends said...:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...