Monday, November 29, 2010

christmas card fail

I'll give a little Thanksgiving update later, but first things first: I don't like our Christmas cards.

I like the idea of them, but when I took them to be printed, the pictures came out all funny. Andrew says they aren't that bad, but I don't think I can put them in the mailbox without regretting it. How's that for irony? I spent all this time designing Christmas cards this year and I'm not even using my own. Oh well, c'est la vie :) And rather than pay to have something else reprinted, I decided to take Shutterfly up on an offer they made a while ago: blog about them and get 50 free cards. Okay!

I've long been a fan of Shutterfly, mainly because of their cheap prints for regular pictures and the fact that they have a relationship with Target and I can just send them their for printing rather than wait (and pay) for them to come in the mail. Love. But their Christmas cards are a delight, as you can see here and here. And one of my favorite gift ideas EVER is to do a calendar. No one really wants to look at me and Andrew for 12 months, but when we have kids? Watch out, grandmothers all over the world. You're getting a calendar.

Of course, I can't show you what cards I'm getting this year: we still need a little bit of mystery left. But I'm sure they'll be a-dorable. Just you wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...