Wednesday, December 30, 2009

you know, santa claus and ho ho ho, and mistletoe and presents to pretty girls

We're back! From traveling the globe, it seems. More like traveling the great state of North Carolina. It was great seeing the families and having time to spend with everyone, but we're thankful for a few days at home before I start back to work on the 4th. Here's a recap of our travelogue, in case you're interested (which you're probably not, but you need something to read while you're here):

Christmas, pt1: Concord. LOTS of great food and sweets and movies and presents. I love it each and every year that I've been a part of it.

Christmas, pt2: Black Mountain. More great food, some lingering snow from an old storm, wrapping paper fights and laughing, laughing, laughing with the family I've come to treasure over the last 23 years

Christmas, pt3: Youngsville. Tag-team dinner with my mom (which I love!) and a perfect, cozy little time with the Johnson clan. Complete with the Christmas tradition of my dad (read: Scrooge) adorning the Santa Claus hat and passing out presents. Deep down, I'm pretty sure he hates it. Deep deep DEEP down, I think he loves it.

Some bad news that I'm going to get through quickly, to keep myself from drowning in it:
  1. World's worst haircut happened today. Major recovery tomorrow, which I fear might take off several inches. Hopefully we can make it cute and I won't cry over it. Lame, I know, but I'm sure you ladies understand.
  2. Andrew broke his toe. A piece of firewood landed on it yesterday at just the right angle to essentially snap it in half. And turn it crooked. Not cute. That means no OCS on January 24. We're off to the orthopedist tomorrow to talk about details/options/healing time. Blah.
See, Page! Not bad at all...

Love to you all. Hope your season was bright.

2 friends said...:

  1. Don't cry! Hair always grows back, you know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I lived in Charlotte I called my hairdresser from back home sobbing. She offered to fly up to Charlotte and fix it. She was on her way and I decided I'd fly to her. It was an ugly situation that involved "pomeade" or however you spell that stuff that slicks down your hair, flatiron and a striaght razor. After I had just had the conversation that I was "traditional".. Still tipped her though..Ugh.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...