Friday, December 18, 2009

tis the season...to ramble

And to be uber busy, but to take in every single second.


Andrew and I just finished wrapping our Christmas presents. Let me set the stage: lights are on, Christmas candles are lit, we're in our "jingle jammies" and we just finished some apple cider. I'm all about making memories with every single cliche activity you can think of. I love it. My favorite part about the Christmas scene in my house right now?







My mom gave this nativity to me for Christmas last year and I almost cried. I spent about half an hour getting it set up JUST right and every time I look at it I'm sweetly reminded of how precious that moment must have been to Mary. I love it.


Tomorrow, both of our families are coming over for a celebratory Christmas dinner. I'm so excited to host it and even more excited to have a way to thank our families for what they've done to get us to where we are. When Andrew found out that he was accepted into the Navy, I felt like I needed to call 5o0 people and personally thank them for their involvement. Seriously - couldn't have done it without them. If you're reading this and you're related: couldn't have done it without you.


Also, on an unrelated but kind of related note, every time I see that Hallmark commercial where the girl gives her mom a card and says "we couldn't have made it through this last year without you," I think of my mom and how true that is for me and I cry. EVERY STINKIN' TIME.


Anyway, the families are coming over. I'll give you details later and maybe even some pictures if you're lucky. So I'm a little anxious about preparing, but mostly excited. Rudy, however, is thrilled.



Can't you tell? There's our boy - snoozing off and on in the corner. Ya'll, we LOVE that dog. What a blessing and joy he is. He seriously loves us like you would not believe. Every morning when Andrew lets him out of his crate downstairs, the first thing he wants to do is come find me. So he runs upstairs and looks all around (even though I'm always still in the bed) and when he finds me, he lays his ears back, wags his tail like a maniac and jumps up to lick my hand. Love it. So cute.


Not sure where this is going or where I meant for it to go. Just something for you to read in case you were tired of checking in to the same post. New Years Resolution: blog more.


Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...