Sunday, January 10, 2010

ol' broke toe


That's my new nickname for my dearest. His toe is indeed broken. And by broken, I mean "crushed". We were pretty disappointed to see the xray and hear the orthopedist's rather frightening description of the injury, as you can imagine. Andrew was supposed to leave for OCS on January 24, but since he's hobbling about, he's on doctor's orders not to go until after March 1. We're currently working with the recruiter to determine when the new date will be.

But as we tend to do when it comes to the random occurrences in our life, we're dealing with it. If there's one thing the Lord has blessed us with, it's perseverance. And the ability to see the silver lining. Here are 5 reasons that we came up with for why it's good that he has a few more months here...
  1. He won't be in Rhode Island in the dead of winter.
  2. He gets to watch the Super Bowl.
  3. The new season of 24 starts next week!
  4. He'll more than likely be here for our anniversary!
  5. He has more time to teach Rudy how to be a guard dog.
And I kind of like him, so I'll take whatever I can get :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...