Wednesday, July 18, 2012

nine months with jack


Sweet boy,

I can't believe you've been on the outside as long as you were on the inside. These last nine months have gone by much faster than the first and while these have been harder, they've been so much richer. 

You are just a treat these days. You're starting to mimic us, whether it's with sounds or actions, and that provides all kinds of entertainment for your dad and me. You're learning to wave, to drink out of your sippy cup and to give kisses. You look in the right direction when asked, "Where's daddy?" or "Where's Rudy?" You are trying so hard to crawl.


You've started saying "dada" and it's melting our hearts. We weren't sure at first if you were serious or just making noise, but when your dad peeked around the corner and you yelled, "dada!" we realized that you knew exactly what you were saying. It's the sweetest.


The days of you sitting still are over. You used to sit in my lap for as long as I'd let you, looking at books or just snuggling. But not anymore! You've got places to go, my friend. You can't wiggle out of my arms fast enough sometimes. But other times, you'll linger. It's usually when you're sleepy or unsure of your surroundings and I treasure those moments. I know they're going to continue to be harder to find.


As far as food goes, you love just about anything we put in front of you. You changed your mind about watermelon and would stuff it all in your mouth at once if I let you. You go down for your naps without a fight, which is nice - that pitiful cry you used to do breaks my mama-heart. You're happy in just about any circumstances as long as you're fed and there's something to look at.


You get a little frustrated that you can't get your legs to do what you want them to. You want to crawl! You want to get over there! And over there! You definitely get around, but it takes you a while. I'm convinced that when you do crawl, it'll be in pursuit of Rudy. I can't tell you how many times I've turned around, only to find you draped over that dog. He's so patient with you. Even when you do harass him.


We just love you, kid. The other night I missed you so much I thought my heart would explode, so I snuck in and got you out of bed to rock you for a few minutes. You rested your sweaty little head on my chest and drifted back off and I just thanked God for the gift that you are. You bless me every day.

2 friends said...:

  1. baby boys are so fun! It is so cool watching their personalities come alive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh, I know! People would always tell me how fun boys are when I was pregnant and now I know why!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...