Or "dada" as I started calling you today. Cool trick, huh?
I didn't write this on Saturday because mom and I were driving all over Connecticut looking for a farmer's market that had fresh fruits and vegetables for your birthday dinner. And then we spent the afternoon making that dinner so that we could bring it to you at work, since you couldn't be home with us. Actually, mom did most of the cooking. I had some Cheerios and supervised, though.
I just wanted you to know that I like you a lot. A guy should feel loved on his birthday, right? So I made a list of 10 things I like about you. I would have listed 27 things, but let's be honest, that might as well be 100.
1. I like it when you throw me in the air. Not too high, though. Those ceiling fans are SCARY.
2. I like it when you come home from work and say, "Heeeeeeyyyy, Baby Jack!!" I don't know why, but I just can't contain my excitement when you do that!
3. I like it when we have tickle fights when you get me ready for bed. I save my best laughs for that game.
4. I like it when you let me play with your glasses. I know that sometimes I snatch them so fast that I don't even give you time to get ready for it, but that's part of the fun!
5. I like it when you let me ride Rudy like a horse. Maybe one day Rudy will like it, too.
6. I like it when you teach me cool songs, like the Carolina fight song and God Bless the Tsar. Mom thinks that last one is weird, but she just doesn't get us.
7. I like it when you repeat all my sounds when we're driving in the car. It gets lonely in the back seat sometimes, so it's nice to know I'm actually heard every once in a while.
8. I like it when you hang me upside down. Mom's not crazy about that either, but again, she just doesn't get us.
9. I like it when you let me play with all the DVDs. Who cares that they were alphabetized? Now I know what my movie options are!
10. I like it when you wave goodbye to me and mom when you drive away for work. I like knowing that you're going to miss us when you're gone.
I know we've only known each other for nine months, but I think you're pretty great. I hope you had a happy birthday. I sure had fun celebrating with you all weekend.
PS: Mom wanted me to tell you that she loves you and that she's happy you're the one who comes home to her every day. And she also says thanks for making me so cute. I actually made that last part up, but I am pretty cute and everyone says I look like you. We're studs, right? Love you, dad!