Friday, June 15, 2012

a recipe: coconut curry chicken

I don't typically post recipes on here because a) I don't feel like anything I make is necessarily noteworthy and b) I never take pictures of my food. And what's a blog post about food without a picture?

Well, there's still no picture of the food, but this dish is just too good not to share. I concocted it a few months ago and it's turned into a favorite. I bring you:




(Also, I'm warning you now that I'm not good with measuring out my ingredients when I make up a recipe. And if you're like my mom, that will drive you crazy. I'm sorry.)


Ingredients

  • 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 1/2 cup(ish) of mayo
  • 1/4 cup(ish) of sour cream
  • 1 tablespoon(ish) of curry powder or to taste. We love curry around here - the Trader Joe's blend is especially flavorful.
  • 1 cup(ish) of coconut flakes
  • 1/4 cup(ish) of bread crumbs
Mix the mayo, sour cream and curry. Mix the coconut and bread crumbs. Coat the chicken in the mayo mixture, then bread with the coconut mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.

Now you can see why I kind of eye-ball this recipe. I just make enough so that I can generously bread my chicken. Easy peasy.

Something about coating the chicken with the mayo mixture makes it really moist, but the curry seeps in and makes it even more delicious. And the coconut and the bread crumbs give it a crunch. Goodness, y'all.

I like to serve it with a mango chutney. Trader Joe's has a mango-ginger chutney that has a little bite to it and that just seals the deal.

Now go forth and make something yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...