Monday, March 19, 2012

jack: five months

Picture 1

This sweet boy.

Looks like he hit a growth spurt this month! Almost four pounds in a month, the little chunk.

He seems to be sleeping better since we've gotten the crib back and is happier during the day because of it. As am I.

Someone told me once that seeing things through your kid's eyes is one of the best parts of being a parent. I'll second that. He's growing so fast and learning things so quickly and we get so much joy out of watching him discover. He's thisclose to rolling over and even sitting up on his own. Where did that squishy little newborn go? I've got myself a baby, y'all.

The weather is getting warmer and we've been trying to take more walks to enjoy it. He loves to the be in the stroller, face turned toward the sunshine or the breeze, just taking it all in.

He's happy almost all of the time and shows it with squeals and giggles and smiles and legs that move about like he's running in place. He can't let Rudy pass by without trying to grab his ears. He'll smile at a stranger, but it's cautious. He adores his daddy.

And when I pick him up in the morning, he rests his head on my shoulder for a second, then leans back to get a good look at me. He puts both hands on my face, smiles reeaaally big and brings my face to his for a kiss.

And it's overwhelming how blessed he makes me feel.

-----

2 friends said...:

  1. Wow! He is getting so big! So much fun as they can do more and more and it only seems to get better with each day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you pinch those cheeks every day! He is just so adorable and cute Page!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...