Sunday, September 25, 2011

my weekend (in iphone pictures)

It was glamorous, y'all.

Andrew is on mids this week, which means he leaves the house around 5pm and comes back just in time to wake me up in the morning. That also means lonely nights and quiet days, since he goes to bed as soon as he gets home. I don't prefer this nocturnal schedule he's on, but I'm making the most of it...

Picnik collage

Friday night, I curled up with some delicious potato soup (recipe: here) and my canine companion. I played around on Pinterest and since I was feeling a little sad and lonely, I decided to watch Notting Hill - because Hugh Grant is precious. And let's face it, Rudy was more depressed than I was. So much for him lifting my spirits.


Picnik collage

Saturday morning, I went to an adoption fundraiser yard sale for some friends at church and scored two skirts and two books for $2. Go me!

Then there was shopping to be done - at Target and Trader Joe's - which yielded that fabulous kitchen rug, some beautiful flowers and those awesome purple suede moccasins. Among other things.

After I got home and sent Andrew on his way, I worked a little on the Etsy shop (yay! More on that later this week!) and spray painted that birdcage for the front porch table. I also made a delicious dinner: prosciutto and mozzarella pita pizza. So yum.

I slept horribly last night, waking up off and on feeling kind of nauseous, so I skipped church and cuddled with Andrew when he got in bed at 8:30 this morning. I ended up sleeping until 11am and when I got up, my muscles felt like taking a walk. So I headed to a local shopping center, parked at one end, grabbed a McAlister's sweet tea and made my way down the strip, popping in and out of a few stores along the way. And I got two bottles of fingernail polish.

I told you it was glamorous.

But when I got home, Andrew was wide awake after only 4 hours of sleep and had the rest of the afternoon before heading back in tonight at 8pm. It was such a treat to have him here and awake. I do love that boy.

Now I'm listening to Chris Rice, burning a delicious candle and thinking of what snack I should fix for myself. Good times.

How was your weekend, friends?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...