- He weighs about as much as a cantaloupe (4.75 lbs) and is around 18 inches long. Of course, we have an ultrasound coming up soon and that may tell us otherwise!
- He's losing the wrinkled look and is packing on the pounds, which will help regulate his body temperature once he's born
- His skeleton is hardening
- His central nervous system is maturing, as are his lungs
- And for those of you wondering what would happen if I went into labor anytime soon, babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do just as well as full-term babies
As for me, I'm doing about as well as a big pregnant lady can be doing at the end of a Charleston summer.
I kid - I'm still feeling very well, but I can feel myself getting more and more tired each day. It just takes a lot to operate a body under these conditions, you know? But despite all of that, the whole "nesting" thing has really kicked in. And I don't hate it. Like today when I swept, vacuumed, cleaned out three closets and a cabinet and did four loads of laundry - all in about two hours.
Just six-ish more weeks, folks. Question for the mamas: did your first baby come early or late?
(Please say early)
Happy Labor Day! :)