This week has left me feeling a bit exhausted. After fretting about the possibility of having gestational diabetes, reading all about breast feeding and natural childbirth (more thoughts on that later this week) and then getting a crash course in labor and delivery, I'm feeling a little bit like I need a nap.
I definitely feel more prepared and excited to have this baby than I ever have before, but preparing for it is still exhausting. And mothers everywhere are saying, "Just wait 'til he gets here."
Anyway, I'll elaborate on some of those thoughts later. In the meantime, here are some stats on our boy:
- We're now in the third trimester. Whoa.
- He weighs about 2.5 lbs, or as much as a head of Chinese Cabbage. Not regular cabbage, Chinese. Just wanted to make sure that's clear.
- From head to heel, he should be around 15 inches long.
- He has eyelashes and is blinking.
- He's developing billions of neurons and adding more body fat.
And mama's doing well, too! My biggest complaint? Back pain. Wah. But we got an exercise ball yesterday and even just sitting on it takes some major pressure off, so I'm feeling good about that.
That's all for now, folks. Hope your week starts off happily.