Sunday, January 16, 2011

this one's for you, pa

Daddy and Page trains

Thanks for being a great dad.
Thanks for making us a priority when we were growing up (and now).
Thanks for working nights, so I didn't have to go to daycare.
So we could play trains.
And wear cool hats.
Thanks for letting me help you stain that table.
I think about it almost every time I walk into the dining room.
Thanks for growing that awesome 'stache.
I think it scared a lot of boys away.
You probably shouldn't have shaved off.
You grew it back when I got engaged, but it was too little, too late.
Stupid Andrew. He stole your daughter AND won all that money in your fantasy football league.
I told you...you should've kept the 'stache.
Thanks for continuing to answer the phone when I call with random questions.
You're like my own personal Google.
Thanks for raising me on classic rock.
Andrew says it's cute.
I just like it because it made me feel so super cool in my Saturn when I was blasting AC/DC.
Thanks for raising me to be a grown-up.
You done good.

Also, thanks for loving me.
That's all I ever really needed.

Happy Birthday. Love you, mean it.

1 friends said...:

  1. Awwwwww. How suhhhweeet. :D I think the 'stache should make a comeback. It could be a good luck charm.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...