Wednesday, February 10, 2010

tar heel born, tar heel bred

We're watching the Carolina/Duke game, hoping for a win after a less than stellar season for these Tar Heel boys. Naturally, I'm thinking about our wedding reception. Friends, family and strangers gathered together in the lobby of the hotel to watch the game. I secretly prayed for weeks that we'd win that game because, let's be honest, who wants to end a fairy tale day with a loss to Duke? We did win and we circled up to sing the alma mater and all was right in the world. Who says God isn't a Tar Heel?

And now I will forever remember that night each and every time we watch this game.

I love that.

1 friends said...:

  1. Don't tell anybody, but I was secretly hoping y'all would win that night too. I'm obviously not a Tar Heel fan, but I wanted it to be a game in y'alls favor that night. I didn't want your day to end on a sour note. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...