I just had the most perfect weekend with my Aunt Rita, who came to visit for a last minute girls' (+ Jack) weekend. There's more to share on that, but only after I finish gathering all of the various iPhone pictures that we took. Apparently I've forgotten how to use a real camera, so...three cheers for camera phones!
I'm participating in my first trunk sale/craft fair this weekend! And to-date, I have one (yes, ONE) item packaged and ready to go. So while I'm taking advantage of every second during naptime and burning the midnight oil after bedtime, I thought I'd share some ideas I have about setting up the actual table.
I don't want to spend a whole lot of money on this part, but I do want it to look nice and get people's attention. Here's what I'm thinking:
- A lovely tablecloth, like this one from Target. I think it's colorful without being so loud that the products get lost in the pattern.
- Chalkboard signs, a la Lady Lee and Drew Jones. But maybe instead of making a chalkboard table, I'll make little signs to sit around the display?
- A pretty fabric bunting and maybe a nice rug in front of the table, a la Oh, Sweet Joy.
- Maybe some wire baskets to hold my products? I've seen some cool ones at HomeGoods and TJ Maxx lately, so I might need to go check that out.
- Or maybe even an old draw, a la The Finders Keepers.
- I love the idea of using clipboards to display some of my prints, a la Yellow Heart Art.