Wednesday, August 4, 2010

ch-ch-changes

Name that song and I'll give you a yankee nickel.

How's this for an announcement: I'm quitting my job.

!!!!!!

I gave my notice earlier this week, after a few changes that left me feeling like I can't give 100% while working remotely. That was a HARD decision, but at the end of the day, I know what my life would be like if I felt like the work I was putting out wasn't stellar. I opted out of the standard two weeks and told them that I'd stay through the end of the month, while the replacement gets trained and up to speed.

I have MANY mixed emotions about this. The most frequent emotion that tends to pop up is a teeny bit of anxiety: what about those dolla dolla billz? We can get by on Andrew's salary, but neither one of us want to "get by." The plan is to find something - anything - that will give us a supplement to put straight into savings. Honestly, I'll work at Chick-fil-a. I DON'T CARE. I just want something to keep me busy, where I can be around people. And that gives me a paycheck at the end of the month. I'm pretty easy to please in that respect.

The other (and most prominent) emotion is excitement. Fear of the unknown, at least in the last year, has slowly been turning into kind of a thrill. I get to do something new, shake things up a bit. I have no idea what'll be, but I'm excited to figure that out.

I've said a bagillion times that the Lord has ONLY been faithful to us. For a while, I thought that the Lord was blessing us with fortunate circumstances. Really, He's blessing us with a calm and peaceful heart to navigate those unfortunate circumstances. I kind of like that better.

I've been looking and I trust that I'll find something just in time. In the meantime, I will be thankful, thankful, thankful for His provision, His guidance and His track record of taking care of us in times like these.

Soooo...anybody looking to hire an unemployed girl? :)

2 friends said...:

  1. You can come clean my apartment on a biweekly basis. And I know both the song AND the artist...but I will wait to share them with you so as not to spoil it for others.

    I'm really excited for your new adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, if ANYONE knows the song AND artist, it would be YOU!

    Page, God has shaken things up for you guys time and again. You are right; He has ALWAYS proven faithful. Thanks be to Him! Can't wait to read your next life chapter...and see what comes your way!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...