Friday, May 4, 2012

ten random things (v8)

1. Andrew is gone again. Boo hiss. It's actually been easier this time around than any of the others. Maybe I'm getting used to it? Maybe I have more to keep me busy? I don't know, but I hope it continues. And he did make an unexpected port call last night, so I got to talk to him for a little while. That's never happened before and was a definitely pick-me-up.

2. Speaking of pick-me-ups. This kid. I come close to death by cuteness at least seven times a day. I feel like he's growing up so quickly and turning into such a little person. I love seeing more and more of his personality.

IMG_1290

3. I could really go for some sunshine. It's been rainy and dreary every day this week and I would like to kindly request that the sun come back. It makes me feel so gloomy when the weather is like this, not to mention the fact that it zaps my productivity. Jack goes down for a nap and suddenly I feel like joining him is the best idea I've had in months.

4. Marvelous Prints is making a come-back. Now that we're finally settled here, I've been working on unpacking my "studio" and have even come up with some new designs. In the meantime, I put together some new address cards for my aunt. I can't show you the front because, hello, how creepy would it be for me to plaster their contact info all over my blog? But this cutie little silhouette of the Seattle skyline was used and they were pretty adorable, if I do say so myself.

IMG_1353

5. We have a sitter! Not a babysitter (although we do have one of those). Jack is sitting up now, completely unsupported. I think he likes this new trick because he's all smiles when he can sit up and explore whatever is in front of him. He can sit in a shopping cart now, too and he's taking that opportunity to squeal and laugh at anyone who looks his way. He's the life of the party at Target.

IMG_1352

6. Mr. Roger's Neighborhood by Jason Mraz. No further explanation needed.

IMG_1357

7. New York! New York! My mom is coming to visit in July and she's giving Andrew and me a night out on the town! We're going to go into NYC for a night and try to see a show, then head back home after lunch the next day. I know I'll miss my little friend, but it will be such a fun time with my other boy. My first boy. My most important boy. And I know Jack's in good hands. Camp Nana is the best!

8. We all scream for ice cream. When Andrew leaves, I go a little haywire in the sweets department. In my freezer at this moment you will find three kinds of ice cream and a bag of Reese's Pieces. Don't judge.

9. I'm thinking of getting a tattoo. Totally kidding. But I bet I can name at least three people whose mouths just dropped open :) I have nothing against tattoos, but seeing as how I get the shakes before getting my flu shot, I just don't think a tattoo is in the cards for me.

10. Guess who's about to go to bed before 10pm? On a Friday. This girl! After I have my ice cream, of course...

2 friends said...:

  1. This was a fun post to read. Makes me miss you. Love the change-of-address cards...I have a few gotten emails from people who've gotten them and they think they are so super cute! Thanks, girl. My mouth dropped open on the tattoo comment...I have sort of wanted one at times and then felt relieved that I didn't do it later. I'm in a "I want one" phase now, but I'm guessing it'll pass. xoxo, Miss you girl, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a fun post to read. Makes me miss you. Love the change-of-address cards...I have a few gotten emails from people who've gotten them and they think they are so super cute! Thanks, girl. My mouth dropped open on the tattoo comment...I have sort of wanted one at times and then felt relieved that I didn't do it later. I'm in a "I want one" phase now, but I'm guessing it'll pass. xoxo, Miss you girl, xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...