Monday, May 7, 2012

scenes from connecticut: sawyer's lobsters

I'm learning to always keep my camera with me up here. Sometimes the New England-ness of this place catches me by surprise and I can't believe how quaint it all is. The South has an unmistakable charm that I've certainly missed, but this place has a special charm of its own. And I have to admit, it's kind of growing on me.

A few weeks ago, we were wandering around and came upon this little lobster shack. It was quietly tucked away on the river and there wasn't much to it - just a shack and all the things one needs when catching lobster. I enjoyed running around the dock snapping these pictures while Andrew played with Rudy and Jack took a late-afternoon snooze. Those are the moments I just eat up, you know?

DSC_0355

DSC_0357

DSC_0363

DSC_0351

Collage

DSC_0367

If I ever get up the nerve to cook a lobster myself, now I know where to get the little critters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...