Monday, June 6, 2011

21 weeks

21 weeks

I feel round. All of me, everywhere, just feels round. At the end of the day, all I want to wear is a giant t-shirt so my body can finally breathe. And guess what? In case you were wondering, humans gestate for 40 weeks. What's that saying...? Something along the lines of it's all downhill from here. I know I shouldn't complain, but I feel like this happened overnight. Everything is just a liiiittle snug.

Silver lining? I work from home and my husband thinks t-shirts are sexy (sorry, Dad) so I can wear stretchy pants and 100% cotton all.day.long. And I will.

Moving on...

At 21 weeks, this little bambino is the size of a carrot. That confuses me a little because last week he was supposed to be a banana and I feel like carrots are smaller than bananas? But, whatev. He can also hear things from outside the womb, so Andrew likes to get really close and say, "Heeeeeeeey, behbeh" in a really deep and kind of creepy voice. I'm afraid this child won't recognize his father when he actually sees him.

Also, this boy moves around. He's been kicking all the time lately and I love it. We can even see little jumps and twitches on my stomach if I lie flat, which is bizarre, but so cool.

Aside from being a teensy bit uncomfortable, I feel great. I feel happy and motivated and just good. Honestly, all complaints aside, I really love being pregnant.

And I love this boy.

2 friends said...:

  1. awww i love this! so glad to hear that things are progressing smoothly! you are super cute mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! You can always make me laugh -- and I remember feeling the same way when I was pregnant with Charlie -- I was a bit ambivalent about him actually being born because I would have to share him and he would have the opportunity to get cold, hungry, a boo-boo, etc -- Jason is going to be thrilled that I'm not the only one to think these things...sometimes I think he worries...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...