Thursday, April 21, 2011

but i don't want taco bell


Several people have asked me if I've been craving things. Every once in a while, I'll think about something that makes my mouth water like I haven't eaten in days, but it's nothing crazy or exciting. Last week it was pineapple. Lucky for me, I had some in the freezer.

This week it's been milk. I've never, ever, ever been one to drink a glass of milk. I like it in my cereal and I like to dunk my cookies in it (duh) but I don't drink it alone. Until this week. Apparently, the baby wants/needs milk because I can't get enough.

But mainly, I just like everything. We're having potatoes for dinner? I love potatoes! Salad with my lunch? Alright! And I'm having no problem at all cleaning my plate. It's surprising really, since I don't usually eat a lot at once. Well, not anymore. That Moe's Homewrecker burrito's got nothing on me. And every time I finish a meal, I really feel a sense of disappointment. It just all tasted so good.

Nice, right? Healthy appetite for the growing babe and all that jazz?

But what happens when liking everything means considering food from places that I swore off a long time ago, a la Food Rules? Food that I didn't miss, but couldn't actually stomach the thought of eating? Don't get me wrong, I still have my share of processed foods and treats, but there are some things that I just can't force myself to eat anymore. I know too much!

What happens, friends, when you drive past a Taco Bell and your mouth waters and you think, "oohhhh Taco Bell!"

Dear baby, mommy doesn't want Taco Bell. And neither do you. Trust me on this.

So far, I've been able to talk the kid out of it. But I'm not gonna lie. When I was looking for that picture up there, and found a bunch of taco pictures along the way, I almost Map Quested the closest establishment.

Somebody save me.

1 friends said...:

  1. Just go...go get a Chicken Chalupa Supreme...actually, get two. You'll regret it if you don't. Get some nachos and cheese while you're at it.

    It's healthy...I mean, it's chicken, lettuce and cheese...what's not healthy about that? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...