Monday, April 25, 2011

15 weeks and an appearance by the baby daddy

Friends, I've been trying not to let every thought on the blog turn to babies but it's so hard! The weekly baby updates are allowed, right? I get the emails from BabyCenter.com on Fridays and it's a highlight of my week. Now it can be one of yours :)

This week, the little one is about the size of an apple. And here's what's going on in there:
  • By "breathing" in amniotic fluid, the primitive air sacs in her (let's use feminine pronouns this week! fun!) lungs are able to begin development.
  • Her legs are getting to be longer than her arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs.
  • Even though her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. Apparently, she would dodge the light if I shined a flashlight at my belly. Cool, huh?
  • She's got taste buds!
  • And in the next few weeks, we'll find out if it's a he or she. Then I don't have to switch up pronouns on you.

There you have it. And now, the bump...

photo-1

Hey, look who it is!

I ventured up north again this weekend for a visit with that boy. It was cold and rainy, but thanks to lots of good food and movies, we made the most of it. I didn't take any pictures, but it went a little something like this:
  • Thursday: get in late after delays and a few wrong turns.
  • Friday: work for me and school for Andrew, reunite over clam chowder and flounder and salmon and strawberry rhubarb pie.
  • Saturday: sleep in and then enjoy a leisurely brunch at a hole-in-the-wall that gets all kinds of attention, the way only this kind of dive can. Head to the movies for Rio and popcorn and a Coke. And then have more clam chowder and the best scallops in the world. And tiramisu.
  • Sunday: watch an Easter sermon online from our old church in Durham, then head toward the airport. Stop at PF Changs for our Easter lunch because lettuce wraps and mongolian beef are so yummy.
The last time I left him at the airport, I was super sad. We had just had a great weekend and I didn't like the idea of being without him for seven more weeks. This time around, our time together just made me that much more excited for when he comes home. No sadness here, just lots of daydreaming about our summer together.

What can I say, I think I like him.

1 friends said...:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...