That's right, isn't it, love?
I got back yesterday evening from the northern Carolina after a few days of work and visiting with my family. And there was also a bridal shower for a sweet friend thrown in there, so I'm thankful for the opportunity to be there for that. As is usual when I come home, my dad rolled out the red carpet in the kitchen and there was a lot of good food. Like, fried chicken and bbq ribs good. I even convinced my parents to order Smithfield's for lunch on Sunday, complete with slaw and hushpuppies, so I could get my eastern NC bbq fix before heading back to the land of mustard-based bbq.
And my brother and I busted out the Super Nintendo and we flashed back to the mid-90s. It was awesome.
Now, here I sit in the living room, convinced that it's not 10:30am, but 7:30pm, because there's no way it could be this dark outside. And I'm snuggled in a sweatshirt, fighting either a cold or allergies, and wishing that there was a certain boy here to keep me company. But alas, there is not. There is this boy, though:
Anyway, I promised some random thoughts. Are you ready?
- I just found out about this site called OptOutPrescreen.com that removes you from all of the credit card/insurance offers for 5 years. Yes, please.
- There's also CatalogChoice.org where you can unsubscribe from any random catalogs or magazines. Maybe now we can stop getting the Golf Digest addressed to Fidel Castro. That's a true story.
- I'm listening to an Iron & Wine Pandora station. I don't know why I haven't done this yet, but it's genious. It's rainy day bliss.
- I think Early Grey is my favorite hot beverage.
- I got some great suggestions last week on how to eat for one and I'm looking forward to doing a little meal planning to try it all out. A trip to Trader Joe's this weekend is aiding in that excitement, thanks to the awesome things I picked up there.
- The Farmer's Market opens this Saturday. I can't wait to be reunited with Mr. Stroble, my organic farmer friend.
- Guess who sent me flowers? That boy I married. He's not a flower-sender, so I was extra excited when they showed up at my door.
- Thanks to some Amazon.com gift cards secured with our USAA credit card points, I'm about to score a new vacuum cleaner. A Dyson Animal, to be exact. I really can't wait.
- I had a dream last night about this planner that was a calendar and notebook all-in-one and now I realize that's exactly what I've been needing to get organized. And I'm so excited to find this dream-notebook. (Did I really just admit to dreaming about office supplies?)
Maybe we should end there before I admit to anything else that labels me as a crazy.
Happy Monday, folks.