Monday, March 28, 2011

random thoughts on a rainy day

Andrew gets antsy when I don't update the blog. I think it's because his means of entertainment are limited right now. And because he thinks I'm so witty, he just can't wait to get lost in another one of my blog posts.

That's right, isn't it, love?

I got back yesterday evening from the northern Carolina after a few days of work and visiting with my family. And there was also a bridal shower for a sweet friend thrown in there, so I'm thankful for the opportunity to be there for that. As is usual when I come home, my dad rolled out the red carpet in the kitchen and there was a lot of good food. Like, fried chicken and bbq ribs good. I even convinced my parents to order Smithfield's for lunch on Sunday, complete with slaw and hushpuppies, so I could get my eastern NC bbq fix before heading back to the land of mustard-based bbq.

And my brother and I busted out the Super Nintendo and we flashed back to the mid-90s. It was awesome.

Now, here I sit in the living room, convinced that it's not 10:30am, but 7:30pm, because there's no way it could be this dark outside. And I'm snuggled in a sweatshirt, fighting either a cold or allergies, and wishing that there was a certain boy here to keep me company. But alas, there is not. There is this boy, though:

Anyway, I promised some random thoughts. Are you ready?

  • I just found out about this site called OptOutPrescreen.com that removes you from all of the credit card/insurance offers for 5 years. Yes, please.
  • There's also CatalogChoice.org where you can unsubscribe from any random catalogs or magazines. Maybe now we can stop getting the Golf Digest addressed to Fidel Castro. That's a true story.
  • I'm listening to an Iron & Wine Pandora station. I don't know why I haven't done this yet, but it's genious. It's rainy day bliss.
  • I think Early Grey is my favorite hot beverage.
  • I got some great suggestions last week on how to eat for one and I'm looking forward to doing a little meal planning to try it all out. A trip to Trader Joe's this weekend is aiding in that excitement, thanks to the awesome things I picked up there.
  • The Farmer's Market opens this Saturday. I can't wait to be reunited with Mr. Stroble, my organic farmer friend.
  • Guess who sent me flowers? That boy I married. He's not a flower-sender, so I was extra excited when they showed up at my door.
  • Thanks to some Amazon.com gift cards secured with our USAA credit card points, I'm about to score a new vacuum cleaner. A Dyson Animal, to be exact. I really can't wait.
  • I had a dream last night about this planner that was a calendar and notebook all-in-one and now I realize that's exactly what I've been needing to get organized. And I'm so excited to find this dream-notebook. (Did I really just admit to dreaming about office supplies?)

Maybe we should end there before I admit to anything else that labels me as a crazy.

Happy Monday, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...