Wednesday, March 2, 2011

hey, i remember you (the one where andrew graduates from power school)

I have my husband back! Temporarily, at least. I really don't know what to do with myself now that he's here when I wake up and around for lunch AND dinner AND he has zero obligations whatsoever.

Love.

The smarty pants graduated last Friday. I know it's a week late, but I've been too busy staycating to worry about posting pictures. Forgive me :)

DSC_0056

See how handsome they all are, lined up in their dress blues (which are actually black)?


DSC_0061

They stood that way for a looong time, so there was a lot of waiting around on our part.


DSC_0057

There he is! So cute.


DSC_0081

Shortly after Andrew walked across the stage, the skies opened up and it started pouring. They dismissed those who had already graduated, so we boogied out of there and took pictures back at the homestead.


DSC_0091

A lovely family, they are!


DSC_0124

Then the weather turned for the better, so we headed downtown for the good stuff: food and sunshine.


DSC_0102

Lunch was at Virginia's on King and I still think about that meal and smile. Fried green tomatoes, fried pickles (don't judge it until you've tried it), chicken and dumplings, key lime pie. I want to eat it over and over and over again.


DSC_0120

Then we walked around some more and spent the afternoon enjoying the weather.


DSC_0115 DSC_0125

I even made friends with a seagull who let me get surprisingly close to take these pictures. Without the zoom lens, I might add.


DSC_0122

All in all, it was a good day. And that boy up there? He's VERY happy to have such a big accomplishment to celebrate. As am I. He gives me lots to be proud of.

Next up: Groton, CT!

2 friends said...:

  1. 1. You and I match your blog.
    2. Yay for Andrew!
    3. Big fan of the picture of you guys at lunch.
    4. Yum.
    5. Remember that time when seagulls kept trying to land on Andrew's head? I liked that time.
    6. Tell Rudy I miss him. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you'll keep blogging and photographing lots. You're good at both.

    I'm from Groton. There are some ugly parts and some beautiful parts. I know you'll find the latter.

    I have family there. Let me know if they can help you once you're there.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...