Monday, September 13, 2010

dearest navy

My Dearest Navy,

May I please have my husband back?

First, it was OCS. And that was all fine and good because it was a means to an end. And it taught us both a lot. And I made some great friends and got some new shoes (and a few other things) in the process.

And now here we are, in sunny Charleston. Only you're keeping my sweet husband in a windowless building for 12 hours a day. Including Saturdays. AND you're making him so tired that he's doing weird things in his sleep. Like try to "fix some magnets" or get ready for work at 1:15 am. That's no fun for either of us.

Also, I can't even talk to him until he's out of school because of the no cell phone policy. What if I need to tell him something important? Like how Shaun Draughn was cleared to play against GA Tech on Saturday. Or that Rudy ate ALL of his breakfast without being scared. Stuff like that. I guess I'll just have to make notes throughout the day to share with him over dinner. Lame.

So, good old friend. What do you say? You feel like being generous any time soon? And don't give me anything about how Christmas stand-down is two weeks long because that's still 3 months away. Woo-to-the-hoo.
(Just kidding, you know. I'll take whatever I can get.)

But for real. Help a sister out?

1 friends said...:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...