Saturday, August 29, 2009

where in the world are the castrodales?

Don't worry, we're still alive.

I honestly don't think "busy" even begins to describe what our (my) life has been like over the last two weeks. All of a sudden, I'm working 10-12 hour days, bringing stuff home on the weekend and dreaming about people/software/documents/projects at work. I've consumed more junk food (i.e. coffee for breakfast, pizza for lunch, milkshakes for dinner) than I have since college. I fell asleep last night at 9:15 and didn't open my eyes until 10:30 this morning. That's my body's way of saying, "CALM DOWN! I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!"

So, needless to say, blogging hasn't been at the top of my list, courtesy of my promotion/new account at work. Don't get me wrong, the promotion is amazing, flattering and a complete blessing, but I miss the boy and my face won't stop breaking out. But really, even in the craziness, I'm thankful for a job, thankful for the ability to stay busy, and thankful for a company that treats its people well. That makes things a lot better. And I'm very thankful for a husband that knows how to cook, clean, do laundry and not pout when his wifey gets home at 9:30. That makes a world of difference.

So this weekend we're having a little fun. We took it easy this morning and in a few hours, we're off to play with my cousins for the evening to give their mom and dad a date night. Tomorrow is the NFL fantasy football draft, so while Andrew's off playing with my dad and their buddies, mom and I have big plans to do a little window shopping (and maybe get a pedicure, but don't tell Andrew!). Then, I just have to plow through one more week of work before a 3-day weekend that will most likely be spent lounging on the beach.

Hallelujah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...