Thursday, May 28, 2009

back to school

Believe it or not, Andrew is almost 40% done with his first session of summer school. Which means he’s 20% done with all of summer school. And, if I may brag on my sweet, smart husband, he’s acing everything those crazy calculus and physics professors throw at him. I’ll never understand how someone can have a propensity toward that kind of thing, but I’m proud nonetheless.

The “routine” has been completely rearranged for the past two weeks. I’m not one to like a lot of disruption in my schedule, but I’m actually handling this rather nicely, thank you very much. Before, I would get up around 7am, shower and get ready while Andrew fixed me breakfast and packed my lunch. While I was at work, he would take care of laundry, errands, dishes, etc and would start dinner for me by the time I got home. It was NICE. But, all good things must come to an end, and I jumped back into wife mode rather quickly.

Now, I get up at 6:15am in time to throw on some clothes, pour his coffee and drive him to the bus stop for the 6:45 bus. Then I come home and do a little Fly Lady dance before getting ready for work. Andrew takes the bus back to my office around 5:30 and we head home together where we try to stay awake through dinner. It’s much different than being waited on hand and foot, but I like it. I’ve always known that I was hotwired to be a wife/mother so I enjoy having that job back – the wife part, anyway. The mother part isn’t happening anytime soon. Unless you want to feed and clothe our babes?

So, that’s our news. We’re thinking about taking a trip in June (to celebrate for our birthdays) so stay tuned for that. Otherwise, it’s all quiet…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...