Tuesday, April 28, 2009

our weekend update (in case you were wondering)

Let me tell you something. We Castrodales are always on the go. This weekend was no different. We started out by celebrating my brother’s 18th birthday (what?!) with my parents, grandparents, Tyler’s girlfriend Kaitlyn, and Hubert. Hubert is Tyler’s pet duck. Let’s talk about this for a second. This is my (rock star) brother...

And this is Hubert...


Who knew that this guy would want a pet duck? That’s why I like him, because he’s his own person and he keeps me laughing ALL THE TIME. I love that kid. But what’s great about this little relationship, is that Hubert thinks Tyler is his mom. Really. He follows him around, stands on Tyler’s feet if he’s not walking around and freaks out if he doesn’t have Tyler in sight. And by freak out, I mean he makes a variety of duck noises and flaps his little wings with all he has in him. It’s adorable.

So that was part 1 – celebrating the birth of my favorite teenager and watching him raise his little duck.

Part 2 was equally amazing. Spring came and went and we enjoyed 90 degree weather all weekend. We decided, kind of at the last minute, to drive for the beach for the day on Saturday. It was the perfect excursion and very relaxing. We’re going to the beach with Andrew’s family in two weeks and our little day trip gave us just enough of a taste to make us extremely anxious for that vacation. I would lay on the beach every day if I could. And I mean it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...