Sunday, February 15, 2009

happy valentine's day!

Andrew and I had a wonderful Valentine's Day yesterday. It was actually pretty low key, which is what we wanted - neither one of us wanted to wrestle the crowds to go out and since we're on a budget these days, the decision to stay home was easier to make. We had a lovely meal! A few weeks ago, we were visiting my parents and were sent home with a few steaks to stick in the freezer. So we thought this would be the perfect time to grill them (Thanks, Daddy!) We paired the steak with some steamed broccoli and sweet potatoes - delicious!

The highlight was probably the card that my sweet husband made. If you know him at all, he's not terribly sentimental, so Valentine's Day doesn't really make sense to him. But this thoughtful card was over the top for him! It said "Remember" across the bottom and he had sprinkled the front with a ton of different memories:
  • "When you cried through your birthday dinner not knowing there was a surprise party waiting that weekend." (I thought everyone had forgot about me!)
  • "Talking on the beach at leadership retreat." (That's when Andrew told me that he wanted to marry me)
  • "Thinking about our children and their little Carolina cheerleader and football uniforms."
  • "When the fireplace broke into our apartment." (Our first night in this apartment, the wind shook the fireplace chimney and made it sound like someone was in the apartment. We didn't sleep at all we were so scared!)
The inside said, "Q: Remember that I'm not sentimental or romantic? A: Well, that's what I thought, but this proves otherwise!"

There were several other stories written on the front of the card, many that no one else would understand without explanation, which is why I'm so in love with that boy. I love every single inside joke and special memory with him, and I'm so thankful that he remembers them as well as I do. I'm a lucky, lucky girl!

The table setting


Andrew pouring the champaign to have with dessert


Making the frosting


Our yummy dinner!

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...