Thursday, September 25, 2008

i love thursday

Thursday is my favorite day of the work week. I love it because when I get home from work, I know that tomorrow is Friday. And Friday means that the weekend is almost here. Knowing that just puts me in a good mood. The other reason I like Thursday is because it means Pub Thursday at my office. I'm ridiculously spoiled having this as my first job, but at 4pm we have Pub Thursday, complete with an array of pub snacks -- pretzels, chips and salsa, guacamole, bruchetta (is that a pub snack?) and cheese balls. I never appreciated cheeseballs until I worked here. But something about being able to be a grown-up and eat cheeseballs at work is something to write home about, you know? So I love Pub Thursday.

But my FAVORITE part of Thursday is what Andrew and I have coined...LEFT OVER THURSDAY! It means that there is no cooking, only cleaning out the fridge from this week's meals. It's awesome and I highly recommend it. This week, because all of our leftovers took the form of lunches, we only get the homemade chicken noodle soup that simmered to goodness in the crockpot all day yesterday. Which is fine by me, because the gray sky I see outside my window right now just screams "chicken noodle soup". And yes, I'm blogging at work. What can I say, it's Pub Thursday and everyone has officially stopped working for the afternoon.

I'm looking forward to cuddling up with some chicken noodle soup and my sweet husband. And the best part is, we got the final disk of Friends: Season 1 in the mail today--courtesy of Netflix. It's going to be awesome.

Happy Thursday, one and all...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...